The more that people turn to electronic methods to pay bills, deposit money into accounts or collect money the more opportunities there are for someone to steal the financial information a person has stored digitally. There are plenty of different methods of electronic payments that people can turn to. When looking for a payment method to use online a person will consider several different areas.
- Is it widely accepted
- How much do they charge for the service
- What payment methods are accepted for the service
These and some other areas are very important, but there is one thing that is more important to worry about. Most people want to make sure that the electronic payment method they use is safe and secure.
Neteller is a very popular electronic payment method. It first began operating in 1999. It is based in the Isle of Man and is operated by the British company Optimal Payments PLC. IT is used by people in over 200 countries.
Neteller takes many steps to ensure that they keep their customers’ accounts safe, but everyone can take additional steps to secure their Neteller account.
- Use your memory – When you get the Neteller Prepaid MasterCard, do not write down the 4 digit pin or store it on your phone or computer. Memorize it. Even if you forget the pin, there are ways to reset it and to continue to use the card.
- Choose a secure password – Although people have many different passwords, it is important that when it comes to financial accounts, they choose a secure and unique password. The passwords should be at least 10 characters. It should include lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and acceptable symbols. It should not be a personal name or something that is easily recognizable.
- Change a password often – No matter how good your initial password is, the longer you use it, the less secure it will become. A password should be changed every 30 days. The replacement should be a new and unique password. Do not just change one number or letter. Change the entire password.
- Do not give stock answers for security questions – many people will give honest answers for their security questions. They will provide their real home city or their actual mother’s maiden name. This information can often be found out by people looking to hack into an account. Choose answers for the questions that you can remember, but do not make them obvious. Choose a different maiden name for your mother, so no one can find out the real one.
- Never click on a link in an email – You may receive emails from Neteller from time to time. Some of the emails may be sent by someone that is phishing for private information. If the email suggest you click on a link to access your Neteller account, do not do it. Anytime you want to go to the Neteller site, type the URL into the address bar. You can also bookmark the Neteller site to make sure that it is typed in correctly every time.
- Never provide personal information to someone that calls you – This is a basic tip that can be used for any site that collects personal information.
- Monitor all of your accounts – Check all of your financial accounts regularly. If you notice anything unusual, contact Neteller immediately.
Taking steps to secure you Neteller account may not always be convenient, but it is something that everyone should do.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to secure your Neteller account?,